25 October 2011

The Results

After the embryo transfer I came across this wonderful info about "What happens to the embryo after transfer?" from http://www.nyufertilitycenter.org/ivf/embryo_transfer.


3-Day Transfer
Days Past
Transfer (DPT)
 Embryo Development
 OneThe embryo continues to grow and develop, turning from a 6-8 cell embryo into a morula
 TwoThe cells of the morula continue to divide, developing into a blastocyst
 ThreeThe blastocyst begins to hatch out of its shell 
 FourThe blastocyst continues to hatch out of its shell and begins to attach itself to the uterus
 FiveThe blastocyst attaches deeper into the uterine lining, beginning implantation 
 SixImplantation continues
 SevenImplantation is complete, cells that will eventually become the placenta and fetus have begun to develop 
 EightHuman chorionic gonadotropin (hCG) starts to enter the blood stream 
 NineFetal development continues and hCG continues to be secreted 
 TenFetal development continues and hCG continues to be secreted  
 ElevenLevels of hCG are now high enough to detect a pregnancy 


So I kind of knew everyday what would be happening to embies inside my body. So by Day 6 post transfer, I was absolutely certain that I'm not pregnant. My friend challenged me, telling that I could be wrong. My answer was I'm 100% certain. My hubby believed what I said. How can I be so sure of my results, when my test is due only on Day12 post transfer?

When implantation occurs, there is increased blood flow to the uterus, and increase in hormone production i.e. estrogen and progesterone. This results in increased creamy cervical mucus(CM). In my case till D6 post transfer since ET day it had been very dry.  Usually it is the case after ovulation for me i.e. from mid cycle it's always dry till I get my menses  Since CM  was completely dry I was absolutely certain that I did not succeed.


Besides I did not have any other pregnancy symptoms, although these can be mimicked by lutel phase hormone support medicine. For example these medicine causes abdomen cramps, breast tenderness and bloatedness.


I cried, cried and cried; I could not take it, why does it always have to be like this? I've never experienced, the feeling of being pregnant. Will I ever experience? How many times do I have to go through IVF before I succeed? We both hugged and cried not knowing what to do?


I'm determined to do one thing before my next attempt i.e. "loose weight". My BMI is 26.6 I want to bring it down to 24. My thought behind it is, at least I'll do whatever is manageable i.e. within my control. Coz obviously pregnancy is something beyond my control.


Only time can answer if loosing weight could bring me success......
On Beta Test Day - Today

Went to the clinic by 9.30 am, did the blood test. And was hanging around in nearby mall. Decided to do a hair treatment while waiting. I was very nervous, even-though I knew my results. By the way yesterday morning I did a HPT which was 'negative'. Dreaded call never came till 12.30pm even-though they said that they'd get the results in 2 hours.


I called them at 1pm, and nurse said they have just got the results and will call me back. I spoke to my hubby and we almost guessed it. Because if it was positive they would have immediately congratulated me right?

Hubby told no point in hanging around, he told me to just go home. It's confirmed now. So I finished small errands in the mall and was just getting into the car, when I finally received the call confirming that my cycle didn't work out.


So now what? I really want to loose weight and improve my egg quality before I do my next cycle. So please share with me any tips you have


1. To improve my egg quality
2. Improve DH's sperm count
3. How to succeed in IVF ?


I hope and pray I too can be pregnant and become a mom for healthy babies one day.......

No comments:

Post a Comment