16 October 2011

Oh how about my frozen embies?

March 2011

I prepared my self to do frozen embryo transfer. Went for a scan on D2 to check if my uterus lining was below 4mm and started on estrogen pills to build up my lining.

And on D14, I went for a scan again, Dr revealed my lining is not optimum. A common problem with PCOS patients, still its ok and we can go ahead with FET.

Next day is thawing day, I nervously waited for the call from Co-ordinator. I remember it was a Thursday. Yep finally she called to inform that 4 cell embryo did not survive and it lysed. And the other one has not divided into cells, hence not suitable for transfer.

I was devastated, but no choice. We decide to see Dr again. Dr patiently listened to me, my weepings and explained to us. I wanted to try another cycle soon. But Dr recommended I try out another clinic, with another Dr. Dr Mahesh is such a nice Dr, I don't think most of the Dr's in town does this but he recommended me to one of this colleague or he also gave an option that we try it at KKH in Singapore.

I was very firm that I wanted to try my next cycle with same Dr, because I was very comfortable with him. Dr's point was; different Dr's will have different views, and their approach differs, so what works for one patient might not work for the other.

After we came home, we both talked and decided we try out this Dr recommended by Dr Mahesh. So I contacted co-ordinator and requested letter briefing my treatment summary.

And I also make an appointment to see Dr Prashant Nadkarni at KL Fertility Centre.

No comments:

Post a Comment