14 October 2011

IVF attempt No 1 converted to IUI

Nov 2010
One of my friend suggested I try out this clinic called Concept Fertility Center in Damai hospital. She also talked about friendly co-ordinator Lu Yee and nice down to earth, 'not money minded' doctor Mahes Sittampalam. My friend was planning to do her 2nd IVF there. (She succeeded, first ET resulted in pregnancy but she miscarried before 3 months. Later did a FET, 3 embryos were transferred and now she delivered cute lil boy)


I checked out this clinic, met the co-ordinator and carried some blood tests, and it confirmed my PCOS condition. I was advised to go on BC pills for 2 months. It will regulate my periods and hormones before IVF attempt.


I went on a holiday during this time, returned with a bad cough and started my IVF treatment. When I went for my D2 scan, Dr was away, so another Dr along with Co-ordinator did the scan. Later on I was given Gonal F 150 iu, they said I was given a lower dose considering my age (i was 32) and  lot of follicles was visible during scan. From D6 i started Orgalutran to stop my follicles from ovaluating.


On D7 scan revealed only 5 follicles on right side is growing. And on left many small follicles. Dr increased the dose to 225iu. on D9 scan revealed 2 big follicles on right side, and balance were still small. And on the left side Nil. On D10 Dr increased the dose to 300iu. D11 scan revealed only 2 big follicles on right side. Nil on left. Dr said I'm being resistant to stimulating medicine. 


I was advised to opt for IUI, due to less no of follicles. Going ahead with IVF is not worth the money, torture and results. (Because during IVF from egg collection numbers continue to drop i.e. if 10 eggs are collected fertilization will be around 7, and may be 5 will make it to D3, and only 3 for D5 transfer. It varies from patient to patient)


On D14 I did my IUI and on D27 even before I was due for my pregnancy test (D28) aunt flow arrived.


Note: During this cycle I was eating lot of chocolates, which I brought back from my holiday. Later I learnt insulin plays an important role in egg quality and growth.  So I recommend those of you who are trying IVF to go on low sugar, low carb, more protein diet to get optimum results

No comments:

Post a Comment