15 September 2014

Week 8 – 12 & Being Vegetarian during Pregnancy (Aug - Sep)

Since last scan at week 8 things have started to get back to normal. Less nausea in morning. Occasional cramps, dizziness and headache but no more breast tenderness. I wasn’t sure. I worry all the time. AK keeps saying how much would you worry? ‘It happens if it has to happen’ That’s pretty true if I keep worrying there will be no end as this is something that will continue till… I don’t know when. (education, exams, job, wedding, birth of grandkids) Stop Worrying!

Week 9
We went to our usual Dr Pavic again. Scan was ok, things were normal. But I had to do a blood test to check Vit D, Iron levels and B12. I follow a vegetarian diet and eat egg only occasionally purely due to health reasons. Therefore these levels needed to be checked. Results came out to be Vit D low, Iron Ok, B12 low but no need of injections. I had to take Vit D supplements and I also started drinking Marmite for B12.

My diet so far…
Breakfast – Full cup milk with nescafe and ovomaltin, 1 cup Marmite, 1 Apple
Lunch – Salad, legumes, corn, rice, relatively light lunch
Dinner – Noodles with vegetables, tofu and egg
Pasta, tomato, mozzarella Rice and curry etc.,

I drink milk, eat cheese and consume legumes like lentils, chickpeas, kidney beans etc.,
I also take supplements which is Centrum Materna, Vit D and Omega 3
 
Week 9  Size 2.5cm
Week 11

After my scan on week 9 Dr mentioned that I could come back in a month for week 13 scan which would be Nuchal Translucency scan. I could not wait that long so went for a scan during Week 11. It was a miraculous scene! The little embryo had grown into a tiny human with small head tiny hands and tiny legs at a total length of 4.6cm (No photo)


No comments:

Post a Comment